OHGenWeb Queries
December 17, 2017, 02:59:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Query Board Installed April 29, 2008

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Henderson marriage?  (Read 5395 times)
jmcpherron

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:14:02 AM »

I need advice on how to proceed:

I have browsed the OHgenweb, but don't see a way to get info on my relatives and the marriage that the Civil Wear records say exist for people buried in Washington County.  The Familysearch doesn't have listings for that particular county, and the dates are wrong for other internet sources.  I am looking for an 1870 marriage (give or take a year).

Does this mean I need to go to Washington County to find the record?

Does anyone know how I can find the records for John V. [probably a typo for Wesley] Henderson who was a Civil War veteran (18th Infantry Volunteers, Company K) who is buried with his wife Elizabeth (her dates are 1850-1871).

Does anyone have records for this John Wesley Henderson, Civil War veteran?

We will be in Columbus on Saturday, and are willing to travel to find records or people who know what to do.

Thanks,

Jean McPherron (wife of a Buckeye fan and native Ohioan)

P.S. My email is jeanm@provo.edu if there is anyone who can reply.
lisadbass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:00:06 PM »

Hey, Jean!

Concerning your Henderson family, there are actually a couple of options.  I think the first one I would try would be the Washington County Historical Society, here is their website address:
                                                www.wchs-ohio.org
You could contact them by letter and tell they who and what you are looking for. 

The second option would be to contact the National Archives, that website address is:
                                            www.archives.gov/genealogy/military/civil-war
I have gotten my soldiers' Civil War records (most Confederate) from them--they will send you copies of their enlistment cards, and their pay receipts as well.  You will have to fill out a form and there is a fee involved but you will be very pleased with what they will send you. 

As far as finding places of burial, if the historical society does not have that information, you can call the library in that area, I have found one my Union soldier's place of burial that way right over the phone.

I hoped this helped you.  I don't why the links addresses did not work, where you could go from here to those right away...sorry.  I hope you find what you are looking for, please let us know!

Have a great evening and God bless,
Lisa Bass
Lady Lake, FL (via KC, MO)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: