OHGenWeb Queries
December 16, 2017, 09:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Query Board Installed April 29, 2008

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clark/Clarke, Stone, Rowen/Round, Halter/ Hatley, Crabb  (Read 7742 times)
parthur64

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

Both my brick walls may have moved from Butler or Hamilton County, Ohio to Vermillion Co. IN with a group of families.  I find them in Vermillion Co. by 1835 but still in Butler Co. in 1820.  These families inter-married with many listing birth places in Ohio and marriage place in Vermillion county and later many moved on to the Washington Territory.

James Clark was born about 1797, possibly Butler Co.  He married Sarah Rowen July 2, 1820 in Butler Co. Her line is well established and can share info if needed.  Sarah died Dec. 1 1835 in Vermillion Co. IN.  A biography written in 1888 states that 3 of their children are still living, indicating other children were born to them.  The known children are:

Jane Clark, born Dec. 14, 1825-most likely OH.  She married ? Halter/Hatley.  They moved on to the Washington Territory.

Lydia Clark, no birth date or place known.  She married ? Crabb. They moved on to the Washinton Territory.

(Many of the Rowen/Round families moved  on to the Washington Territory also)

Mary Clark, born 1827-most likely OH.  She married David B Stone Dec. 30, 1854 in Vermillion County.  They stayed in Vermillion Co.  David was born in 1827 and died May 3, 1903.  Mary lived until Feb. 6, 1917.  I don't know where David was born.  There was another older woman named Stone with the group but I cannot positively connect her. 

There are two family stories concerning them.  It is said that shortly after getting married they walked back to OH and then again back to IN.  Why?Huh  Also, it was belived that David was the direct decendent of Thomas Stone, signer of the Declaration of Independence.  That is not possible because his only son died young.  However, he did have a step-brother named David that history has lost.  Possible.

James Clark and David B. Stone are my brick walls.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: