OHGenWeb Queries
December 17, 2017, 03:06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Query Board Installed April 29, 2008

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosanna Robinson born in Ohio 11 Apr 1832  (Read 4357 times)
Cascade

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »

I am looking for the exact location in Ohio that Rosanna Robinson was born on April 11, 1832.  From her census records it states only Ohio, and I believe the same is true from her burial record which is where I got her exact birth date (Harmony Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery manuscript by Helen Lind in Franklin County Line/Williamson County Line in Illinois).

Rosanna Robinson is found in the 1850 census in the household of Elizabeth Combs, District Number 7, Perry County, Illinois.  Elizabeth could be an Aunt, if so here is the information on her.  She was born in Virginia about 1796.  Elizabeth's husband Aquila died between the 1840 and 1850 census and it is possible he could be an Uncle.  Elizabeth had Burnel (18 born in TN), Aquilla (16 born in IL) and Romeo (14 born in IL) as sons in 1850.

Another thing to note about the 1850 census is that she is on page 89 of that area, but there are also single Robinsons born in Ohio on page 84 (William who was 11 at the time) and 86 (Isaac who was 21 at the time).  These other 2 are also with separate families, so I suspect they may be Rosanna's brothers, and maybe they were all adopted out?  I can't be sure without further proof, but I have no idea who Rosanna's parents are or anything else about her family at this point.  Unfortunately birth records don't seem to go that far back in Ohio.

Also, acceptable alterations of her name are:
Rosanna or Rose Ann or Rosa Ann
Robinson or Roberson

Any help that can be provided would be great!  I have already thought to ask back in Illinois if there are any Robinsons buried in that area before 1850 who could have been parents to Rosanna, but no luck so far on that front either.

Respectfully,

Kevin Strattan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: