OHGenWeb Queries
December 22, 2014, 04:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Query Board Installed April 29, 2008

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: William H. Schults  (Read 4721 times)
djschults

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2008, 11:09:51 PM »

I am looking for any information regarding William H. Schults, born abt 1836 in Ohio. William H. Schults was my husband's great-grandfather. Census records in 1870 and 1880 indicate he was born in Ohio. The first records I can find of William are in Iowa beginning in 1866 when his son, Issac (or Richard) Schults was born in Davis county, Iowa. William married Sarah E. Pollock in 1871 in Wapello County, Iowa. He died between Dec 1881 and Dec 1882 in Iowa. Because William and Sarah Pollock were married 5 years after the birth of William's son it is possible William had a first wife before Sarah.
Della J. Schults
lisadbass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »

Hey, Della!

Is there a big age gap between William and his wife, with which he had a son?  Sometime, yes, there has been a previous marriage if the wife is much younger than the husband.  What really helped me in that regard are the census records; ancestry.com has the free 14 day trial right now (or maybe they do all of the time) if you haven't that.  Sometimes you can find the head of a family did have a previous marriage that way. 

I hope this helps.
Lisa Bass
Lady Lake, FL (via KC, MO)
djschults

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »

I am still looking for information on William H. Schults. The census records do not indicate a previous marriage but that is still possible. I would really like to find something on his family. Census records indicate he was born in Ohio but that is really all I have. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I have tried looking at Civil War records (nothing), census records were not much help and I cannot find any confirmation of his death. All I have is that when his wife had a son in 1882 the birth records indicates the father if William H. Schults and he is deceased. So, if that is true he had to have died within a 9 month period prior to the birth of his son. I really have hit a brick wall and I just cannot seem to climb over it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: